First Aid Course Online
First Aid Training is vital for every industry. Most workplaces require at least one staff member with First Aid training to be present at any one time.
First Aid Training is required and highly recommended for:
- Teachers and Educators
- Childcare Workers
- Emergency Services personnel
- Defence personnel
- Personal Trainers
- Gym Workers
- Dedicated First Aid officers
Our Online First Aid certificates of completion are issued by our partner company Training Aid Australia RTO 91411, however, certificates are equally valid in all states and territories.
Online First Aid training covers the following topics
- First Aid Essentials, including – Recognising an Emergency, First Aid Resources, Hygiene and Infection Prevention, Personal Protective Equipment, Infection Control, Needle Sticks and Waste Disposal
- Legal considerations including – Duty of Care, Negligence, Consent, Recording, Privacy and Confidentiality
- Hazard Identification and Risk Management including – Identification of potential causes of injury and illness, Risk Assessment, Risk Control, Review
- Communication, including – Cultural Awareness, Communicating with Casualties, Communicating with By-Standers, Communicating with other First Aiders, Communicating with Emergency Personnel, Calling for Assistance, Communicating Roles and Responsibility, Psychological Trauma and PTSD
- Assessment and Monitoring, including – DRSABCD’s, Airway Management, Secondary Examinations, Continued Management of Casualties, Reassurance and Moving the Injured Casualty
- CPR including – Cardiac Arrest, The Chain of Survival, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Rescue Breaths, Chest Compressions, When to stop and Dealing with Infants
- Defibrillation including – Modern Defibrillator Features, Operating a defibrillator, Preparing the Casualty, Indicators and Contradictions of AED use and various Defibrillator products
- Trauma including – Basic care of wounds, External blood loss, Penetrative wounds, shock, burns and scalds, electrical shock, Head injuries, Spinal injuries, Facial injuries, Eye injuries, Nose injuries, Mouth injuries, Ear injuries, Chest injuries, penetrative chest wounds, abdominal injuries, strains, sprains, fractures, management of fractures, crush injuries and crush injury syndrome
- Medical including – The Heart, Chest Pain, Coronary Heart Disease, Angina, Heart Attack, Stroke, Diabetes, Anaphylaxis, Asthma, Croup and Epiglottitis, Epilepsy and Febrile Convulsions, Drowning, Meningitis, Fainting, Hyperventilation, Heat and Cold Emergencies, Needle Stick Injury, Poisoning, Bites and Stings
- Practical Tutorial Videos including – Recovery Position, Head Tilt, CPR Pistol Grip, Compression Points, DRSABCD Process, Defibrillation, 1 Person CPR, Management after CPR, Secondary Examinations, Bandaging – RICE, Bandaging – Pressure Immobilisation, Bandaging – Bleeding Control, Bandaging – The Ring Bandage, Slings – Arm, Slings – Elevated, Slings – Collar & Cuff, Anaphylaxis and Asthma
Please note that our ONLINE ONLY FIRST AID COURSE will NOT result in you receiving an accredited certificate in HLTAID003 Provide First Aid upon completion of the course. Our Online courses are designed for people who require the knowledge of First Aid, and also for people who live in rural areas who cannot access face-to-face training to be assessed for practical competencies. As this course is online only and practical competencies cannot be assessed via this method, participants will not receive an ASQA accredited certificate and, depending on your employer, may not be suitable for work. Check with your employer if this course is right for you if required for employment purposes before commencing the course.
Students will be required to complete some Online Workbooks after referring to the First Aid manuals provided in the online portal.
Students will also be required to submit a statutory declaration after completion of their workbooks.
2-4 hours, self-paced.